Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver Essential Oil
Sale Sold out
Regular price $36.00
Regular priceUnit price per
Vetiver Essential Oil Essential Oil
- Vetiver is a wonderful oil that brings serenity and calm to your blends. Effective for bringing you to the ‘here and now’, it is excellent for when you are feeling overwhelmed and depleted. It also acts as a wonderful sedative, particularly around emotional issues, so it can be helpful at the end of the day to aid in rest and relieve fatigue.
- In a massage blend, it may help to reduce muscular aches and pains by relaxing the body and therefore allowing it to feel looser. It’s also great to nourish dry or mature skin.
Smoky, sophisticated and expansive, Vetiver pure essential oil, distilled from the roots of the plant, which grow in strong, intricate systems under the earth, is known as ‘the oil of tranquility.’ The calming effect of Vetiver makes it a perfect addition to any aromatherapy blend designed to soothe and unwind the mind and body, and is also perfect to aid meditation as a wonderfully grounding oil.
Vetiver is a very thick, viscous oil by nature, so we recommend gently warming the bottle of oil in a cup of warm water before use.
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Roots
- Aroma: Rich, earthy and smoky
- Fragrance Family: Woody
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Consistency and Colour: Thick and dark brown
- Blends Well With: Neroli, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium & Lemongrass
- Shelf Life: Once opened, store in a cool dark place and use within 12 months
- Simply add 6-8 drops of essential oil or a blend of essential oils to your favourite burner or vaporizer. This blend is great for the end of the day to help you wind down.
- Add up to 5 drops of essential oil to 10mls of blending oil for use in massage. Massage over your skin in long, slow, sweeping strokes to aid relaxation.
- 100% Vetiveria zizanoides (vetiver) root oil
- For external use only.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with sensitive areas, such as eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old.
- Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy.
- Best kept in a cool dry place.